mercoledì 25 dicembre 2013

Latest work here!

I found this concept of Rlyons ( ) on the internet and i wanted to try to sculpt a 3d version of it, also to improve my sculpting and rendering skills.
It took me around 5-6 days working on spare time. hope you like it :)

domenica 8 dicembre 2013

So, i'm back after 2 mounths of inactivity. The last week i bought my new workstation (the old one was really really old) and Sadly "Pirates of New Horizons" 's kickstarter campaign did'nt make it.
In the meanwhile i ha a test for a game studio in Milan and i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post it at the moment.
Anyway, i worked on my viking character. i resculpted some of the marts and i painted most of it.

i'm still playing around with the 4R6 new features (including the Zremesher) and i'm really happy about them. 

domenica 29 settembre 2013

Nemesis Re render with Marmoset

I Decided to re render one work of the last winter using marmoset toolbag and also to show some textures.
Here it is! the Fearsome Mammals Hunter:

i´m pretty surprised by the quality. The bake managed to capture even the smallest details of the skin.

mercoledì 25 settembre 2013

Viking WIP update

quick daily update on the progress.

The Basic shape of most of the body is done(just missing the belts on the bracers and the cloak).
I´m workin right now on the small details, decorations, hair, beard, etc.

The pelt is simply indicative. i´m gonna use panels with fur texture and the cloak will be made in maya

lunedì 23 settembre 2013

Viking WIP update

a quick update of the Viking.
I had to slow down the working, due to some issues with the zbrush network licence and the showreel editing but i will dedicate this whole week to it.

started working on pants and shirt (damned folds, they´re so tricky :D )

next step will be the pelt on the right shoulder and the boots.

lunedì 9 settembre 2013

Viking Warlord WIP

For This Character i want to test my speed. 
yesterday i made a really fast concept and i immediatly started sculpting on zbrush

this is the base mesh i started from (you can find it on polycount)


Right now i´m working on the equipment. I will try to model everything within zbrush to improve my skills on hardsurfaces and cloths.

mercoledì 21 agosto 2013

Yoko - from "Gurren Lagann" anime - Sculpt

I wanted to improve my skills on sculpting and female anatomy and i recently watched the awesome anime Gurren Lagann, so i though Yoko would suits perfectly for the job.
the design i followed was the one from the second season and after gathering all the references i started working on zbrush with a default dynamesh sphere.

the rifle was modeled in maya and inported on zbrush.

Here´s the turntable made in zbrush.

giovedì 15 agosto 2013

WarMage (game character)

I started working on this character for the bioware cghub contest but i didn´t have the time to finish it untill now.

these are the studies for the color scheme and combinations of the body. I aimed for a fantasy character that fights with magic in the main hand and sword in the secondary.

i prefered the first choice with the blue scheme more suitable for blond hair and i refined the armor design of the chest (though that it would be more realistic with two separate parts).

Using Zbrush and maya i putted together everything with high polygon resolution. after decimating everything i separated and exported the whole model in 3 main parts (obj) into topogun2 for the retopology. 

For the Uv mapping i decided to make 2 tiles (one for the head and one for the body) .
The bake of the normal maps and ambient occlusion was made in topogun2 (which has the fastest and cleaner occlusion bake in my opinion).

this is the result in marmoset :
War Mage from Marco Martellato on Vimeo.

i putted also a simple rig for posing in maya and exported it into Sketchfab where it managed to get in the staff picks page. awesome! :D

sabato 10 agosto 2013

My entries for the Vg Remix Contest on polycount.

The biggest challange for this contest was to create a diorama of an existing game with the limit of 500 triangles per character and texture resolutions of 64px for the environment and 128px for characters and hero props.
Modeling the heroes was not so difficult but the problems started with the texturing. i found myself more comfortable working on double of the resolution for painting and then resizing at the end. 

These are the textures in scale 1:1

The elite knight with original texture size (256x256)

martedì 28 maggio 2013

So, here is the first post!

for the last 6 mounths i´ve been in the Open workshop working on my portfolio and also expanding my knoledge of 3d modeling, sculpting, rigging and yeah...also a bit of scripting within unity (thank´s  to the high school time when we had to learn the basic of c++ programming).
Soon i´m gonna post some stuff from the "experiments" i´m running right now in unity and also some workflow of modelling shading etc. of my characters.